Light & Fluffy Gluten Free Scones
Are you missing a good old fashion Scone? Me too! Then I stumbled across this recipe from Quirky Cooking, Gluten Free Scones with a Dairy free option...... Scones with jam are back on in my house!
All you need is Tea and warm SCONES Xx
300g Organ Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
60g Butter or Macadamia Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt (or pink Himalayan)
150g Coconut Milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Line baking tray with baking paper, or sprinkle with flour.
2. Place flour, butter or oil and salt into mixing bowl and mix 6 sec/speed 6.
3. Add eggs and milk and mix 10 sec/speed 5, using spatula to help mixture to combine. Do not overmix.
4. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking tray, placing close together so scones are touching.
5. Cook at 200° for approx. 15 mins, or until lightly browned and cooked through
Best eaten on the same day, due to the gluten free properties of this the scones do not stay light and fluffy on the following days. Straight out of the oven is when you will enjoy them most! Xx
Recipe Credit - Jo Whitton, Quirky Cooking.